Sunday, July 5, 2009

Don't stub your toe on a turtle!

Yesterday evening commenced with some cocktails. I have a pretty amazing Papaya Daiquiri. I thought for sure that would be the highlight of my week. But then I saw some turtles -- hundreds of turtles. No amount of Papaya Daiquiris could top that. 

Below are some pictures that shows what its like when the turtles are in a laying period like they were last night. These pictures are courtesy of google images. We saw literally hundreds of turtles coming to the beach to lay their eggs.  The turtle gets in a trance while laying the eggs so you can stand close by and even touch it. I sat cross-legged in front of the turtle and watched her breathing heavily and straining to deliver dozens of eggs. It was the first time I saw something laying eggs or giving birth, and it was very cool. 

The full moon was out at it was a gorgeous night at Ostional Beach.




No comments: