Saturday, June 20, 2009

The best sandcastle EVER.

It is 2pm and I just got to work but what a day I have had!  After over 3 weeks I finally have a comb and clean clothes, so I feel like a million bucks. I was feeling pretty sick last night so I went to bed around 8pm and was still a bit queasy when I woke up. I had a plate of pineapple for breakfast, and then wandered down to the beach with a bottle of water. Before long, I was feeling better and it wasn't even 8am yet.

I grabbed my bathing suit and my book, and hung out on the beach for a while. There was a surfing competition today so there was a great vibe on the beach. A dog attacked me while I was laying on my towel reading and I nearly had a heart attack. At 9am I headed back to the hotel and had my Spanish lesson. It was really productive and some things clicked.  He said I am making major progress so I am thrilled.  Then I played ping pong with a friend and had some lunch. I headed back to the beach after lunch and built a sandcastle.  

Pictures of my sandcastle are below and I am pretty sure its the best castle that will be made on the Pacific Coast. I am trying to buckle down and do some work now... but a big part of me wants to go back to the beach!





No comments: