Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Finally -- I found my breath!!!

So this morning I had a major life breakthrough. I have always loved yoga and I have been practicing very regularly since arriving in Nosara.  The hotel has a healing centre attached to it with a yoga studio so I take a 1 1/2 hour class each morning.  So in yoga class they always mention your breathing. Movement should come from the breath. I never could get it and I'd hear people breathing and wonder how they did it.

Well today, I was in Warrier 2 and suddenly I got it. It was like a lightbulb going off in my lungs (or something like that). It was such an awesome feeling to finally understand. It was so awesome that I had to dedicate a blog entry to my successful breathing.

To counter that I also was pretty frustrated tonight. I am writing a Restaurant Training Manual and Pablo (the F&B Manager) was showing me job descriptions and lots of other documents he already has typed. He said, "Well the problem is that all these documents are in Spanish" and I said "No, the problem is that I don't speak Spanish!" Pablo agreed with me but assured me that I would. It is so frustrating to want to speak a language so badly... to connect with people and do my job better, but I just can't. I've already studied for a couple hours today and I am learning. The chef just asked me if I want to go dancing tonight because he is looking for a girlfriend, unfortunately I understood that! 

Well I better get back to work... I am excited for more yoga tomorrow and more hours of studying Spanish. :-)

No comments: