Monday, July 13, 2009

My Digs

Well, after a great trip here I am back at Harmony. I also have a new memory card which means my camera is back in working order. To celebrate my return to the hotel, I shall post some pictures of my room. 

(You know, speaking of memory cards... when I purchased one almost 2 years ago I recall it costing somewhere in the neighborhood of $100.  I expected to have to write my dad a check when he forked over my new one but it was only 10 bucks. When we see that kind of change just with memory cards it makes me wonder what other technological changes we are all in for, especially my generation.)
There is my room! Note the big bed. I have also fallen in love with white sheets... there is something to be said for waking up with the sun shining on white sheets. I do find myself going to sleep with dirty feet pretty often so good thing noone looks at my sheets too closely.
I have a ceiling fan and a skylight. The skylight is more like a screened whole in the wall -- apparently it was designed to encourage circulation of the air.
Some nice big windows. I already broke one of those panes! It conveniently shattered all over my floor. In this photo you can also see my priceless collection of sunscreen and bug repellant. I will be happy to ditch those bottles in the recycling before heading home.
The wall in the foreground is the wall to my room. This is the beginning of the employee complex. So as you can see, right across from my room is a surf shop! 
OK and last but not least, here is my own bathroom! Wow! If you recall, I had to travel to a 3rd world country (though that is seriously debatable) to finally have my own bathroom.

No comments: