Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My First Business Trip

Well here I am in Santa Teresa, Costa Rica (near Mal Pais) eating watermelon, watching the rain fall, and listening to Howler monkeys in a tree close by. I am at Latitude 10 (a small hotel soon to be managed by Cayuga Sustainable Hospitality) rewriting the website.  There are just 5 bungalows and its so peaceful here. Its just me, the manager, and a lady from corporate named Maria Jose. Maybe a little too quiet for my liking, but its a great place to be for a few days. 

Yesterday Harmony's driver picked me up at 6am and 5 hours later I was here. I have been writing lots since I arrived and learning about the hotel. Friday morning I take a 20 minute flight back to Harmony.

I am staying in a gorgeous bungalow - completely open air. No windows, no A/C, no nothin'.  Not even a lock.  Its like the pimpest tent you can imagine.  The website is www.latitude10resort.com -- though it has yet to be outfitted with the new text I am working on. 

So yes, this is my first ever business trip. So far its setting a good precedence! Here are lots of pictures........

Some photos from the drive.
Just a little trash burning, no biggie.
We passed so many grazing animals and I loved it. Especially all the different kinds of cows.
We stopped here to get gas. Costa Rica offen feels super Western, but here it felt like Central America.  Notice I said Western? I was going to delete that... but I will leave it to make a point. Definitely messed up if you think about that. 
Here is my room. Notice there are no windows, just shades.
It is a really cool, beautiful design. Made of almond wood. I could really hear the rain coming down on that roof.
The bathroom is outside!
So nice to have a hot shower under the blue sky! I climbed up that ladder.
My freaktoe made it to the beach!
Yours truly hanging out on Playa Santa Teresa.
I will leave you with some beautiful beach views.




Ah yes, and here is what I wrote for the homepage!

Ten degrees north of the equator, the Pacific Ocean merges with a spectacular beach and the landmark of private resorts exists in the sleepy and whimsical surf town of Santa Teresa. 

Latitude 10 is more than a resort, it is a concept conceived by a few friends who desired a secret, hidden summer hangout.  It is now open to the public, but the original ideas and intentions still form the essence of Latitude 10.

Latitude 10 is a magical beachfront estate, surrounded by jungle, that fuses splendid class with a peaceful nature retreat.  Our 5 casitas are as unique as the clientele we attract. Staying at Latitude 10 is like spending time with good friends at their luxury beach house; it is both an exclusive houseparty and an intimate hideaway.

We invite you to be part of it. 

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Man, that homepage really makes me want to visit Latitude 10.

Alysia said...

Sweet digs. I only ever went to Long Island on a business trip, and I don't know if I'll ever go on another in my life. Oh well!