Monday, July 27, 2009

An Update & Pictures from the Fiesta!

What a great few days I have had. Catherine and I took a swim and walk on the beach this evening. Now we are sitting in the restaurant having a computer date (she is working and I am pretending) and getting dessert. We ordered a chocolate tart and angel food cake. For dinner, we chopped up some veggies cause it was just this beef and potatoes thing, and so we're pretty hungry now (well, at least I am).

I had a curveball thrown into my plans and I am off to Latitude 10 TOMORROW to help write their website. A driver is picking me up at 6am, we are making the 5 hour trek to Santa Teresa, and then I will be staying in a beautiful bungalow and writing, writing, writing.  There is a kitchen there so I will also be cooking for myself and I am psyched about that. It is a quiet beach town (even quieter than Nosara) and should be a nice few days of letting the creative juices flow. Sadly, I will be missing the end of Catherine's stay and most of Erica's.  Should be a fun adventure!

Here are some pictures from Saturday's party:


Here's me and Tony! He made Catherine and I passion fruit daiquiris. 
Two of my friends who are chefs. Chengo (left) and Ferenk! We've got some blue steel poses going on here. 
The restaurant filled up with people enjoying Costa Rican food and music.
The staff toasted to a job well done.  They are toasting with shots of a traditional corn soup. They did a really awesome job!
There was some great dancing by Gaby & Chepe.  Gaby is a yoga instructor and Chepe works in the garden. I loved their performance.
Gaby and Jose (the Front Desk manager) looking good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. Can't believe you're coming home so soon...

Look, I made a blog (haha)

Alysia said...

Just kidding, I transferred my blog to Blogger, so now it's at this name link (I think). I am posting this to see if clicking will bring you to it... :P